Monday, March 31, 2014

Mid Point Critique


 LARGE SCALE SITE PLAN SHOWING BLOCK WITH MODULE DEFINITION

 CLOSE UP ON BLOCK WITH DELINEATING LINES

 TRANSLATION OF MODULES FROM DRAWING TO WIRE MODEL TO PHYSICAL MODEL

 SPACIAL SECTIONS AND 3D AXONOMETRIC VIEW IN RELATION TO COLUMBARIUM

DIAGRAMATIC AND SPACIAL PLANS IN RELATION TO COLUMBARIUM

The overall feedback from the critics seemed positive, but as always there is room for improvement. Their general thoughts were:

  • the module concept was working but more scrutiny needed to be put towards their shape and how I found them ( just drawing lines through streets was not enough reason)
  • they advised that I look even farther beyond the immediate area surrounding the columbarium, that I look for greater patterns in the system of houses in the slums
  • they also saw problems with my spaces in section which I agreed with, the building wants to have two floors so the open spaces don't become so massive, also so more families can store boxes of their loved ones
  • another thing that I want to explore that wasn't mentioned in the review was the possibility of skylights in the spaces

No comments:

Post a Comment